Monday, March 02, 2009

Super Mom

Everyone in our neighborhood has their satellite dish on his/her roof. Not us!!! We were satellite virgins when we moved into our house 5.5 years ago. When the DTV installer came to our house, I INSISTED that our dish be placed off our deck. Mr. O wanted to be like the Joneses and put it on the roof. I told him we WERE the Joneses. And, good thing I did!!!

I wrote earlier about getting the kids out to make snow angels. When I opened the door to do a quick shovel of the front steps, they wanted to stay in!!! It was too cold and windy for them. God, I love them...they are sooo smart! They decided to play dress-up instead...



They also wanted to watch a Sponge Bob movie in their play room! Great...that would give me time to get the kitchen cleaned up. In the midst of straightening up, I hear the kids screaming, all upset!!! It turned out we lost our satellite connections.

I looked out our dining room window, and saw this...



Okay, it was Super Mom to the rescue!!!

First, I had to dig out...



...then, I had to carefully sweep the snow off the dish, praying that I didn't move it from its position.



I walked into the house to kisses, hugs, and "Thank you Mama."

I knew that decision to put the dish on the deck would pay off some day. Do you think this Super Mom would climb on the roof to please her children??? Ha!

4 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

Super Mom is a super genius!!!

Debbie said...

Probably! And they are so cute all dressed up!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Very very smart, and very cool. I'm impressed!!

Maureen said...

Oh, that's so funny.