Thursday, August 14, 2008

A story from long ago...

Back in the 80s, I spent my first two years of high school at Cardinal Spellman H.S. in the Bronx. I remember an incident in the lunchroom the first week of my freshman year. I was standing in line with a friend who was smacking loudly on her chewing gum, when a priest came up to Friend and said, "Hi, are you a member of the Bovine family?" She said, "No, I'm a Smith (obviously this is a name change)." I about bowed over and died laughing. Friend was so flustered and wondered what was so funny. Thank God for Scrabble that this City Girl knew what bovine meant.

Anyway, I kinda forgot this story....until yesterday when, my sister said I chewed gum just like someone we know very well!!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

...sheepishly laughing...